Summary: Albanian voices is seeking a web developer to join our team. We currently use WordPress and need help making edits to the theme and cleaning up inefficient code. Responsibilities: Helping us add e-commerce to our existing website, editing the CSS code of our existing WordPress template, possibly adapting/transitioning our existing content to a new WordPress template, mirroring…
Take The Harvard Albanian Diaspora Survey: You Could Win $100
At least one third of Albanians live outside the borders of their home countries in Southeastern Europe. In the countries where they currently live and work, many of them have achieved levels of professional and economic success that would not have been possible at home. We are driven by the image of what the regional impact of connecting this wealth of knowledge and economic capital with the home countries would be.
- It ensures that the diaspora relations have proper place on the political agenda of the countries in Southeastern Europe.
- It facilitates the relations between the home governments and the diaspora community organizations abroad.
- It supports the home governments with building capacities to engage the diaspora and develop strategies for leveraging its potential to promote economic and social development in Southeastern Europe.
Our Diaspora Program starts with reinforcing the relations with the Albanians in the U.S., but has the ambition to include all countries with a significant Albanian population. Our action plan has three stages:
- The first stage involves a series of meetings in the U.S. between the diaspora on the one hand, and government officials and private sector representatives on the other. The first three meetings will take place in Washington D.C., New York City and Boston in spring of 2015.
- In June or September of 2015, a joint delegation of Harvard and Diaspora leaders will visit Southeastern Europe and work on establishing the foundations of a strategy for engaging the diaspora in the country’s development. The diaspora strategy should be the main outcome of the visit.
- The third stage involves implementation of this strategy.