This week, The Center for International Development’s Diaspora Program at Harvard University is conducting a very important Albanian-American community survey! Click here to take it. From their website: At least one third of Albanians live outside the borders of their home countries in Southeastern Europe. In the countries where they currently live and work, many of…
Story Contest Rules
1. Contest Description: Submit a personal story detailing a true experience that you or a family member have undergone for the Featured Voices section of the website. Your story must relate to your experience as an Albanian, but the topics are completely open. Send the completed story, along with a photograph related to your story and your full name to firstname.lastname@example.org between July 2nd at 12:00 pm EST until July 6th at 4:00 pm EST.
2. Contest Stipulations: All stories must be true and contain accurate facts. Stories are judged on effort, creativity and originality. Please make an effort to correct grammar and spelling. This will not affect your chances of winning, but it will increase the readability of your story.
3. Eligibility: The contest is open to anyone who is able to attend the festival Sunday night. Winners will be announced Sunday night.
4. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Albanian Voices, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
5. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on July 2nd at 12:00 pm and ending July 6th at 4:00 pm. All online entries must be received by 4:00 PM EST to be considered.
6. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by submitting your story, photo and full name to email@example.com. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Albanian Voices. You may enter only once.
7. Prizes: Two contest winners (one male, one female) will be chosen by Albanian Voices and will receive a one-of-a-kind T-shirt.
8. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the contest will be selected by a comite under the supervision of the Albanian Voices team. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered by 6:00 pm EST on July 6th, 2014. Winners will be announced at approximately 9:00 pm EST on July 6th at the Albanian festival at St. Paul’s Albanian Catholic Church. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize at the time of the award notification, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
9. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Albanian Voices, anyone acting on behalf of Albanian Voices, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
11. Terms: Albanian Voices reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Albanian Voices may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Albanian Voices. Albanian Voices reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
12. Albanian Voices has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
13. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Albanian Voices reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
14. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Albanian Voices and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
15. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Georgia, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Georgia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.